License to Carry
Top Gun offers License To Carry (LTC) classes by Texas certified instructors. The class fee for a new license is $85 and is 4-6 hours as mandated by the state. Classes are offered on Saturdays and on selected Wednesdays as well.
NOTICE: THIS CLASS DOES NOT PROVIDE SHOOTING INSTRUCTION. YOU MUST BE PROFICIENT WITH A FIREARM PRIOR TO TAKING THIS CLASS.
NEW LICENSE TO CARRY PROCEDURE:
- Go to http://www.txdps.state.tx.us. Click the link to apply for an original License to Carry and complete the application. You may then print the needed forms, including the new law book.
- Sign up with MorphoTrust through the Texas DPS website for fingerprinting. You may have your fingerprints done before or after taking the class.
- Register for the LTC class here or by calling us at 713-779-4867.
- The LTC class includes:
- 4-6 hours of instruction
- Hearing and eye protection, if needed
- Written and shooting proficiency test on our indoor range.
- Completed LTC-100.
- Send all paperwork to the State.
LICENSE TO CARRY RENEWAL PROCEDURE:Go to http://www.txdps.state.tx.us and apply for your Renewal license. You may then print the new law book. No training is required for LTC renewal.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE CLASS:
- A handgun, 32 caliber or larger.
- 50 rounds of ammunition, must be brassed cased, no steel or aluminum
- Texas Driver’s License or Texas Identification Card
Top Gun rents firearms and sells ammunition.
THIS CLASS DOES NOT PROVIDE HANDGUN INSTRUCTION: YOU MUST BE PROFICIENT IN THE USE OF A HANDGUN PRIOR TO TAKING THE CLASS.
Private classes are available. Contact us for details.
Note: The Texas State License fee is not included.
If you need to reschedule please notify us before class time. There is no fee for rescheduling to a different date. All sales are final. No refunds.
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS SCHEDULES OR TO ENROLL